- I. Introduction
- 1. Why a Source Book?
- 2. Opportunities and Challenges
- 3. The Extractive Industries
- II. Cross-Cutting Topics
- 4. Transparency and Accountability
- III. The Extractive Industries Value Chain
- 5. Policy, Legal and Contractual Framework
- 6. Sector Organization and Institutions
- 7. Fiscal Design and Administration
- 8. Revenue Management and Distribution
- 9. Sustainable Development
Uganda is a landlocked country located astride the Equator in Eastern Africa. It is bordered to the east by Kenya, to the north by South Sudan, to the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, to the southwest by Rwanda, and in the south by Tanzania. It is in the heart of the Great Lakes region, and the southern part of the country includes a substantial portion of Lake Victoria, which is also shared by Kenya and Tanzania. The nearest coastline from Uganda is at the Port of Mombasa in Kenya.
Two thirds of Uganda is underlain by Archean and Proterozoic basement rocks. In addition to the Archean Gneissic-Granulite Complex in the north, there are three major Proterozoic belts exposed dominantly in the southern part of the country, the Paleoproterozoic Buganda-Toro System, the Mesoproterozoic Karagwe-Ankolean System and the Neoproterozoic Mozambique Belt. The former comprises dominantly argillaceous rocks and quartzites of varying metamorphic grade that are host to gold and base metal mineralisation as well as colbalt, nickel and coltan minerals. The Karagwe-Ankolean System is lithologically similar but commonly host porphyritic granites; the system is a major host of (alluvial) gold, tin, tungsten, and iron plus coltan, lithium and bismuth. Tertiary to Recent sediments fill parts of the down-faulted Western Rift. Tertiary carbonatites and Cenozoic volcanics related to rift activity occur along the eastern and western borders of the country. The carbonatites ring complexes, of Cretaceous age, are important sources of vermiculite, titanium, vanadium, uranium, thorium and phosphate such as at Tororo and Sukulu.
- Geodata for Development, A Practical Approach
- Ugandan Landfolio Mining Cadastre
- Uganda Draft Petroleum Supply Regulations 200...
- Uganda Strengthening the Management of the Oi...
- Uganda Oil and Gas Revenue Management
- Uganda Contracts Curse, Oil Agreements Place ...
- Uganda Local Content Petroleum Analysis
- Uganda Minerals Yearbook
- Uganda National Oil and Gas Policy 2014
- Uganda (Tullow Oil) Country Report 2013
- Uganda, Donor Engagement in Oil and Gas Secto...
- Uganda Revenue Management, Capacity Needs
- Uganda, Charting its Transition to a Petro-St...
- Uganda Petroleum Act (Exploration, Developmen...
- Uganda, Enhancing National Petroleum Particip...
- Uganda Model PSA , 1999
- Uganda Petroleum Supply Act 2003
- Uganda Investment Code Act
- Uganda and Ghana, Selling Oil Assets, A Taxin...
- Uganda Upstream Petroleum Sector, Implementat...
- Uganda Oil & Gas Revenue Management Polic...
- Uganda Statutory Instruments, Mining Regulati...
- Uganda Mining Regulation Model Forms & Co...
- Uganda Mineral Policy
- Uganda Oil, International Lessons for Success
- Uganda Critical Analysis of Oil Contracts
- Uganda, Key Issues in the Energy Sector
- Uganda Petroleum Act 1985
- Uganda Income Tax & VAT Act 2011
- Uganda Oil and Gas Laws, A Legislators Guide
- Uganda Mining Act
- Uganda Secret Oil Contracts Explained
- Uganda 7 Bids Received, 2016 Petroleum Licens...