Maps and Links
- I. Introduction
- 1. Why a Source Book?
- 2. Opportunities and Challenges
- 3. The Extractive Industries
- II. Cross-Cutting Topics
- 4. Transparency and Accountability
- III. The Extractive Industries Value Chain
- 5. Policy, Legal and Contractual Framework
- 6. Sector Organization and Institutions
- 7. Fiscal Design and Administration
- 8. Revenue Management and Distribution
- 9. Sustainable Development
Other map data and sources:
- Egyptian Geological Survey and Mining Authority (EGSMA), 3 Salah Salem Road, Abbassiya, Cairo Tel: +20-2-28252232, Fax: +20-2-24820128, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and web;
- Egyptian Survey Authority, 308, El Haram Street, Giza, Cairo;
- Topographic data/maps available in raster format; and US Army Topographic maps, 1:250,000;
- Geological: 1:1 000,000, BRGM, Paris 1969; 1:500 000, EGS, Geological Map of Egypt, 1981; EGSMA, 1:2 000,000, web; and geological maps at a scale of 1:250,000 are also available;
- EGAS, EGPC & Ganope Agreements Department Concession Maps (March 2010) covering both the whole of Egypt and, specifically, Sinai, are available from teh Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum; hover over concessions on the map for more information; and
- Egypt Oil & Gas Web Portal.
Source: Geological Overview, Schlüter, 2008, map provided by International Geoscience Services.