Maps and Links
- I. Introduction
- 1. Why a Source Book?
- 2. Opportunities and Challenges
- 3. The Extractive Industries
- II. Cross-Cutting Topics
- 4. Transparency and Accountability
- III. The Extractive Industries Value Chain
- 5. Policy, Legal and Contractual Framework
- 6. Sector Organization and Institutions
- 7. Fiscal Design and Administration
- 8. Revenue Management and Distribution
- 9. Sustainable Development
Source: map provided by International Geoscience Services, original sourced from Schlüter, 2008.
Other map data & sources:
- Survey and Lands Division (SLD), Ministry of Lands, Housing & Country Planning, Freetown. Ministry of Mineral Resources (MMR), Youyi Building, Brookfields, Freetown. +232 22 240142 / 241147, Fax: +232 22 242107. Email: email@example.com Geological Survey and Mines Division (GSMD), Ministry of Mineral Resources +232 (0)22 240-740, (0)22 240-382, (0)22 240-688; Fax: +232 (0)22 241-936. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com;
- Sierra Leone, GoSL Online Repository (regularly updated data from the Mining Cadastre Office of Sierra Leone);link to website, provided by Revenue Development Foundation;
- The following EI Source Book partner YouTube video is also available: Sierra Leone Opportunities for Business Action, including in the Minerals Sector;
- Geology 13 maps, mineral occurrence maps (2) geophysics (1) firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Topographical: 1: 50 000, DOS, (Southampton, UK) and SLD, G742 series 1960, 111 sheets, all published. 1:50 000 O.S. topographic data southern region available from omnimap. 1:250,000, Series G541, U.S. Army Map Service, 1942.
National organisations and agencies:
- Agence Française de Développement - Agence Sierra Léone (Guinée);
- British Geological Survey map library holdings on NERC webpages;
- Delegation of the European Commission;
- Geological Survey;
- Ministry of Mineral Resources;
- Re-Opening of Sierra Leone Rutile Mine;
- Sierra Leone Chamber of Commerce;
- Sierra Leone Export Development and Investment Corporation;
- UNDP Sierra Leone; and
- World Bank.
Country-specific Transparency Initiative:
- Maconachie, R, The Diamond Area Community Development Fund: Micropolitics and community-led development in post-war Sierra Leone (London, 2012); link to chapter on external website.
- Geodata for Development, A Practical Approach
- Sierra Leone at the Crossroads, Seizing the C...
- Sierra Leone Model Form Petroleum License
- Sierra Leone Mines and Minerals Act, 2009
- Sierra Leone, Diamond mining, governance init...
- Sierra Leone Petroleum (Exploration & Pro...
- Sierra Leone Minerals Yearbook 2013
- Liberia & Sierra Leone, Mining Comparison...