There is far more content on the EI Source Book for Africa than for any other part of the world, both as a result of a self-conscious decision to prioritize this continent by the EI Source Book authors; and due to the availability of large amounts of information and insight on Africa. Both factors are, in turn, driven in very large part by the huge opportunity that the sector offers Africa in terms of its inclusive sustainable development.
Content is organised Chapter by Chapter, and cagetorized within the Resources tab and by way of summary documents and external links. Nation-specific content is also provided, organized around an interactive map of the continent.
The Africa Chapter-sections of the EI Source Book are currently arranged as follows:
- Chapter 1 - this overview;
- Chapter 2 - focus on Outcomes, using country examples;
- Chapter 3 - focus on work of EI Source Book partners with respect to the extractives sector in Africa;
- Chapter 4 - Revenue Watch Institute/ NRGI video, Sierra Leone: Transparency Helps Prevent Bad Deals" showcased;
- Chapter 7 - CCSI Open Fiscal Modelling: focus on Africa; and
- Chapter 9 - Guinea resource corridor snapshot (termed a “Scandale Geologique” due to the huge mineral wealth of the country); and an extract from the African Union and UN Economic Commission for Africa report Minerals and Africa's Development.
Also available: OpenOil Wiki resources: Ghana Oil Almanac v 0.9; Libya Oil Almanac v 0.9; Niger Oil Almanac v 0.9; Niger Oil Almanac v 0.9 (in French); Sudan Oil Almanac v 0.9; and South Sudan Oil Almanac v 0.9.